10 Clever Christmas Gift Wrapping Ideas
We’re always on the look out for clever, and cost effective ideas for wrapping presents. We’ve compile a list of our top ten tips to wow friends and family this season.
1. Use magazine pages to create a unique and colourful alternative to expensive paper. Clearly this works for smaller gifts.
2. Map Wrap – Using old maps is a clever way to add colour and depth to your parcels. Some low heat ironing before hand will help remove those creases, use a teat towel over the map to ensure it doesn’t over heat.
3. Newspaper Gift Bags- If you’re feeling particularly creative why not make some gift bags from old newspaper. There’s a full explanation of the process here.
4. Another and more obvious take on Newspaper is to use it as wrapping paper. Take some time to orientate the paper so that the text only is displayed. Use twine instead of ribbon for a rustic finish.
5. Wallpaper – Using left over wallpaper as gift wrap is a great solution and there’s plenty of free samples out there. Those lovely people at Farrow & Ball have very kindly produced a short video to get those creative juices flowing.
6. More Wallpaper ideas – If you’re looking for some extra wow factor, why not cove a gift box with wallpaper?
7. In Japan, people often wrap gifts in cloth squares called furoshiki. There are infinite ways to use them for a pretty wrapping presentation, and they’re reusable, so there’s far less waste.
8. Using brown paper is a classic spin on wrapping but why not add that extra touch with name bunting.
9. Origami Gift Bows – If you fancy going to town and you’ll need a little time, why not embellish your gift with these fabulous origami bows. Complete instruction video here.
10. Monster Fun – This great idea from the clever people at Housing a Forest, is great fun for the kids.